Saturday, July 19, 2014

Kimberley Aboriginal leaders call for a moratorium on fracking « Kred

Kimberley Aboriginal leaders call for a moratorium on fracking « Kred



Kimberley Aboriginal leaders call for a moratorium on fracking

By Madelaine Dickie
Kimberley Aboriginal leaders have called for the WA State Government to put a moratorium on fracking until there are systems in place to ensure all Kimberley Traditional Owners have the relevant resources and information to make an informed decision about what happens on their country.
The moratorium was discussed and voted on at a public meeting for Kimberley Traditional Owners at Yurmulun (Pandanus Park) Community, about 60 kilometres south of Derby.
Around thirty Aboriginal people attended the open forum meeting.
CEO of KRED Enterprises, Wayne Bergmann, says it is something that needs to be discussed collectively.
“We’re concerned about the lack of information on the table about whether fracking can be done safely or not. Fracking will have a regional impact and if it can’t be done safely, it will affect all of us. We need companies in our backyard to step up and earn their social license to operate by ensuring all Aboriginal groups have the relevant information so we can make an informed decision.”
A plan of action was also agreed upon, with a bush meeting scheduled for late August where Traditional Owners will articulate a vision for how they would like to see development progress in the Kimberley.
Mr Bergmann says it’s crucial local Aboriginal stakeholders have a say about the future of their region.
“Part of this vision for development of the Kimberley, is about protecting our environmental and cultural values, while also ensuring our people can participate in sustainable economic development,” Mr Bergmann says.
A large part of the Canning Superbasin was represented at the meeting with attendees travelling from Broome, Halls Creek, Fitzroy Crossing and Derby.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody, My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was introduced to Mr. Lee Ben ( A Loan Officer), I was entering the market as a first time home buyer.My needs were a bit different and I had loads of questions, before he sent me my pre-approval letter, he called to speak with me about what it meant and what could change. He made himself available to me at pretty much any hour via email and texts, he was very responsive and knowledgeable. He’s also very straightforward, I explained to him what my expectations were in terms of closing time and other particulars. He said he would meet those expectations but he surpassed them. I closed so quickly my realtor and the seller of course were excited about that. But as a buyer I appreciated being walked through the process in a succinct yet thorough fashion. From pre-approval to closing- the journey was so seamless and I consider myself lucky because I’ve heard horror stories about the internet . I recommend A loan officer ben lee contact email: 247officedept@gmail.com & Whatsapp Number :+1-989-394-3740 to anyone looking for a loan in any market. Everything was handled electronically expediently and securely.

    ReplyDelete